Sutton , MA 01527 US
Title: Finance Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $38.89-$53.95/hr
- Job Location: Sutton, MA
- Job# 15474
Supervises all aspects of Upper Blackstone’s Finance operations, to lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: payroll, purchasing, general finance (A/P, A/R), budgeting and treasury management. Provide professional and technical assistance in the administration and implementation of financial, budget, auditing, and accounting functions.
- Oversee District accounting and purchasing and reception staff - monitor activities/tasks and perform annual reviews.
- Produce and ensure accuracy of financial reports as needed by the EDT and the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate monthly and year-end general ledger closing, preparing journal entries, bank reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Coordinate the annual budget process and assist the EDT with the preparation of the budget document for board presentation.
- Monitors budget appropriations by fund and department; analyzes and distributes department expense reports to appropriate managers.
- Prepare all work papers and schedules for annual audit and coordinate with outside auditor firms.
- Coordinate with financial advisors for new and existing loans and complete required reporting to bond credit rating agencies.
- Coordinate and prepare financial reports for capital improvement projects based on budget.
- Develop and implement accounting systems, controls and reporting procedures.
- Understand and ensure compliance with associated federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Coordinate with pretreatment staff on the licensing and permitting of hauled waste carriers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with major in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in business administration or office management with strong accounting skills, three years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Expert knowledge in computer accounting systems, Microsoft Office, primarily Excel, Word and Outlook, and information management systems.
- Knowledge of modern principles, practices, and methods of governmental accounting and finance, including budgeting, governmental accounting principles and general bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of all components of accounting office/staff including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, and purchasing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with employees, management, office staff, Board of Directors and the general public.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality on sensitive issues related to personnel matters.
- Organize/prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze financial data and draw sound conclusions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Appraise results
- Assign work
- Ensure safety
- Check work
- ID safety issues
- Plan work
- Carrying/balancing up to 50lbs
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Airborne particles
- Biological hazards
- Electrical components
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!