Milford , MA 01757
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Staff Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Pay rate: $70k
- Job Location: Milford MA
- Job#: bh13837
We seek a strong staff accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team to support our clients and assist in delivering accurate and complete financial reports. Must have collaborative team spirit and positive attitude.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Prepare all journal entries necessary to provide financial statements for client companies on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly, quarterly or yearly reconciliations, as appropriate, and detailed analysis on assigned accounts. Researching and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Monthly invoicing of numerous state agencies and reconciliation to ledger.
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Manager with preparations of materials necessary for completion of annual audits and related filings, including any reports and schedules required by the external auditors.
- Act as a resource for the clients served by providing support and answering financial questions and researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and internal/external reporting for management and/or client companies.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance, Accounting Manager and/or the President.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Accounting/Finance background is desired.
- At least 1-3 years of related experience, human services or health care a plus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with peers to complete projects/assignments.
- Ability to take initiative, follow tasks and assignments through to completion, and resolve issues efficiently. Be able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess a strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and not-for-profit accounting.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!