Hudson, MA, MA 01752 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $100-120k
- Job Location: Belmont, MA
- Job#: bh13908
Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a Product Engineer - II to join the product engineering team in the R&D group. This successful candidate should have some device-oriented product development experience and a willingness to work with and contribute to a group environment. The group work will involve other engineers and scientists from R&D as well as individuals from Manufacturing, Quality, and Process Engineering. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer, capable of overseeing both the implementation of design and process changes, driving changes towards continuous improvement, as well as maintaining existing manufacturing documentation.
Examples of work you'll get to participate in include New Product Development projects, Late Stage Product Development/Technical Transfer, and Sustaining Engineering. This candidate should be both creative and possess engineering prowess to make sound decisions regarding component design/design for manufacturability/design for assembly, materials of construction, risk assessments, and failure investigations.
- The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in sustaining design and documentation of new and legacy products, along with qualification, design transfer to manufacturing for new product designs and upgrades
- Participate in planning, designing, documentation, and manufacturing transfer of complex systems
- Design and document tools, fixtures, experiments of sub and full assemblies to support manufacturing/marketing and R&D
- Create complete engineering drawing packages (i.e. fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, etc.) for new and existing products as required
- Participate in design reviews of tools, fixtures, assemblies and/or sub-assemblies
- Must have curiosity to solve problems, drive to complete projects according to an agreed timeline in a cross functional atmosphere
- This candidate should be both creative and possess engineering prowess to make sound decisions regarding component design/design for manufacturability/design for assembly, materials of construction, risk assessments and failure investigations.
- Ability to develop well documented, effective and clear project plans
- Assist in design verifications and validations
- Work under general supervision. Follow established processes and procedures
- Interact regularly with Management to communicate status of milestones and impacts of technical hurdles
- Bio-tech/medical field is a plus
- Support product improvement activities
- Create, edit and revise SOP’s, BOM’s
- Support failure investigations (internal or from customer complaints) through to closure with MEMOs, Reports, and/or product design and equipment improvements
New Product Development (NPD)
- Participate in the middle to late stages of NPD projects
- Design Assurance
- Design for Manufacturability
- Design for Assembly
- Critically challenge the product design and testing to reduce defects in manufacturing or at customer sites
- Participate in tech transfer activities with the project technical lead
- Training operators
- Performing FAIs on new or changing parts
- Performing validation builds with Manufacturing operators
- Supporting (Training, equipment, design changes) initial Manufacturing runs
- An energetic team player who can take ownership of engineering projects
- An excellent problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- A strong advocate for testability, and design for manufacturing / assembly
- Organized, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- An advocate for efficiency, cost optimization and speed.
- Proactive and able to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering field
- 1-3+ years of experience in a product development, engineering role
- Some CAD experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- Willingness to learn more about Change Orders and Change Controls, CAD Document Management Systems (preferably PDM) and Designing/Assembling/Sourcing/Testing plastic (molded and machined) and metal parts/assemblies
- Detail oriented individual
- Drive for success and willing to contribute to a team environment
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle a plus
- Experience conducting laboratory experiments, compiling data, and generating reports a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!