(2) Manufacturing Engineer
Bedford, MA 01803
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $85k
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job#: bh 14015
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for maintaining, improving, and building new production capabilities and ensuring we meet quality and performance standards.
The Manufacturing Engineer will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and have the following primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sourcing and installation of new equipment including IQ/OQ/PQ’s.
- Construct of work centers that enable proper and efficient assembly of medical devices.
- Develop and perform engineering studies and process validations.
- Analyze production processes and identify opportunities to improve product quality and efficiency.
- Contribute to lean manufacturing program to optimize manufacturing efficiencies.
- Develop and implement improved manufacturing processes.
- Work with vendors to address supplier issues or source new materials or components.
- Evaluate products according to specifications per associated ASTM/ISO and/or other applicable standards or requirements.
- Aid in production transfers from R&D to manufacturing.
- Generate and update production document and drawing through a paperless Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- The position will require the willingness to work on the manufacturing floor (up to 50% of the time) to learn and improve upon existing and new processes.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with 5 year minimum experience; or Master Degree with 2 years of experience.
- Manufacturing experience with a “hands-on” ability and intuitive mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to manage a project from concept through completion.
- Experience: 3-5 years working in a medical manufacturing environment is desired but not required.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS office software, especially Word and Excel. Experience with SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with cGMP’s and ISO requirements is a plus.
- Biologics background is a plus as well.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!