Tewksbury, MA 01810 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Accounts Payable/Accounting Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp-perm
- Pay rate: $25-30/hr
- Job Location: Tewksbury, MA
- Job# 16403
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
Accounting Records and Transaction Processing
• Accounting from initiation to reporting and validation for purchase transactions including, but not limited to, operating expenses, capital expenditure, and prepayments.
• Completely and accurately record supplier invoices for purchase order and non-purchase order type invoices including inventory and non-inventory items for goods and/or services.
• Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation with the help of procurement and manufacturing teams.
• Completely and accurately record employee and non-employee expense reports which will eventually be migrating to Concur.
• Completely and accurately record credit notes in supplier accounts for returns and adjustments.
• Collaborate with procurement and manufacturing teams to understand vendor payment terms and strategy.
• Charge expenses to General Ledger accounts and cost centers after analyzing invoices, proformas, quotes, expense reports etc.
• Identify efficiency opportunities, assist with implementation of system upgrades, and initiate process improvements in partnership with cross functional teams.
Financial Close and Reporting
• Monthly, quarterly and annual close processes through - perform cut-off procedures, record close entries, prepare reconciliations and analysis to support balances.
• Perform periodic personal self-checks to ensure complete processing of obligations e.g. invoices, quotes, pro-formas etc.
• Validate accuracy and completeness of payments and/or credit notes.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and schedules to support relevant balance sheet accounts.
• 2+ years of experience performing accounting and transaction processing
• Strong attention to detail with a track record of accuracy
• Multi-company and multi-currency environment would be advantageous
• Knowledge and understanding of transaction processing in an ERP-based accounting environment
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with manufacturing, medical devices, hi-tech would be a plus
• Positive disposition to new ideas and alternative approaches to solutions; hold a continuous improvement mindset
• Willing to be held accountable for deliverables
• Must be highly organized and with proven ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
• Team player willing to learn new areas and assist team members as needed
• BS in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!