Hanover, MA 02188 US
Seeking an experienced Accounting Manager in our Weymouth facility. This position will be responsible for the daily accounting functions including billing, cash receipts, accounts payable and credit management. Performs month-end general ledger closings and prepares various financial reports to management. Analyzes and reconciles various general ledger accounts. Prepares monthly sales tax returns. Supervises subordinates in the described areas.
- Direct, manage and supervise the day-to-day cash application, accounts payable, billing, and credit and collections operations.
- Approve credit on customer orders and investigate credit problems.
- Organize and prepare financial reports to management.
- Administer general ledger closing including all general journal input and trial balances through company's computer system.
- Approve or prepare journal entries including maintenance of all automated entries from Excel files and standard journals.
- Prepare inter-company account analysis. Verify and analyze General Ledger Accounts and download Trial Balances to excel worksheets. Maintain Excel files and produce financial statements.
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of monthly budget packages to management.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales Tax Returns.
- Prepare and request weekly cash funding from Corporate.
- Supervise year-end closings for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger.
- Prepare year-end audit workpapers and function as liaison to independent auditors.
- Interview, hire and orient new personnel as needed.
- Manage, motivate, and supervise a staff of non-exempt employees.
- Perform daily tasks of non-exempt personnel in their absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must possess a B.S. degree in Finance or Business Administration plus three to five years of financial management experience at least one of which will be in a supervisory capacity.
Meet Your Recruiter
Co-Founder, Managing Partner
As co-founder of Connexion, my responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning for the company
- Financial & IT infrastructure and management
- Hiring and training a world-class recruiting and staffing team
I also continue to "run a desk." I am passionate about sourcing great candidates for my clients and have found nothing more rewarding than making the perfect match.