Hopkinton , MA 01746 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Applications Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $82-100k
- Job Location: Hopkinton, MA
- Job# 14466
The primary mission of the Applications Engineer (AE) is to evaluate and execute new technologies into commercial processes.
- The AE balance’s technical ability and personal relationship skills to provide an interface between the customers’ engineering staff and the technical staff.
- The AE has succeeded when new technologies are successfully qualified and included in the customer’s material specifications and/or PCDs.
- The AE also supports efforts to improve existing processes by participating in teams and coordinating technical details with customers and suppliers.
- Meeting with customers’ engineering staff to understand and document product requirements, features, benefits, and performance characteristics.
- Planning, coordinating and documenting trials.
- Working with customers to identify and specify appropriate processes and/or methods.
- Developing manufacturing methods and coordinating the design and qualification of process lines.
- Creating product specifications, quality plans, test methods, work; instructions, training plans, metrics and other documents and systems that ensure a smooth release to manufacturing once development is complete.
- Managing complex projects to meet constraints of:
- Product characteristics
- Safety and environmental impacts
- Lean design and manufacturing
- Supply chain integration
- Deadlines, speed-to-market
- Budget for R&D, product cost, and capital equipment
- Support of sales efforts to meet unspecified customer needs
- Optimizing and improving processes and systems once products have been released.
- B.S. Engineering
- 5-10 years in process/quality/development engineering
- Experience with flexible materials processing (extruding, coating, printing, laminating)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Skill with Quality, Lean, and Six-Sigma methodologies such as FMEA, DOE, SPC, etc.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.