Assembler/ Tester B
Harvard, MA 01434 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Assembler/ Tester B
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $17.00-21.50/hr
- Job Location: Harvard, MA
- Job# 14457
Assembler/ Tester B
Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests products to achieve customer quality and on time delivery schedules. May perform lock wiring, first stage subassembly, and final detailing functions on routine assignments requiring limited judgment. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Receives direct supervisory guidance
- Performs basic assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Records test results on data forms using basic electrical equipment and flow meters.
- Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
- Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications.
- Assembles/tests to customer and/or industry standards.
- Performs touch-up or full surface painting of parts with finishing materials such as paint, lacquer, glaze, etc.
- Mixes paint and cleans parts.
- Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
- Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with the calibration schedule.
- May perform other related responsibilities
- 0-1 year of general mechanical work experience.
- Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
- Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
- Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
- Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to use employee self? service to access online information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, email). Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self? development activities
* Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with company policies and applicable state laws, the company provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.*
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.