Associate Director, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Boston , MA 02139
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Associate Director, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $67/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh14270
Associate Director, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Seeking an experienced, agile, and highly motivated individual to manage contracting and outsourcing activities in support of our global Development organization. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with a customer-focused approach and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Outsourcing, this role will be responsible for coordinating the selection and contracting of vendors and consultants engaged to deliver services for both pre and post-marketing activities. The successful candidate will have strong experience in outsourcing and contracts management with specific knowledge of Clinical Development and associated functional area activities.
The ability to effectively coordinate and organize in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment is a must. Applicants should be outstanding team members with a strong desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Provide primary outsourcing and contracting support to functional areas within global Development organization (Clinical Development/Operations and Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, and Medical Affairs).
- Provide oversight and guidance to Outsourcing team members, included assessment/distribution of workload.
- Responsible for the administration of processes governing the coordination of contracts from the identification of need through vendor/consultant assessment and selection, negotiation, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage outsourcing strategies and ensure cross-functional alignment, implementation, and financial compliance.
- Manage the bidding and vendor selection process and drafting/review of contract documents for outsourced services, optimizing appropriate tools and guidance documents to support the functional teams.
- Analyze and negotiate budget and contract terms as needed, utilizing benchmarking tools and established negotiation parameters where appropriate.
- Work closely with Legal, Procurement, Finance, Quality, Alliance Management and other departments as appropriate to ensure that outsourcing and contracting needs are met and handled in a manner that is consistent with company requirements, applicable regulations, and good business practices.
- Support strategic initiatives and development/updating of processes, tools, and templates to improve overall outsourcing and contracting practices.
- Review metrics related to the contract process and take appropriate action to improve efficiency and timeliness of contract processing.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to ensure organizational goals are met.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of a BA/BS is required in a scientific, business, or legal discipline, or related field, with at least 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry.
- At least 6 years of experience in outsourcing and/or contract negotiation and management. Must have experience supporting Clinical Development outsourced activities. Experience with support of Pharmacovigilance and Medical Affairs activities also beneficial.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development lifecycle including clinical development and post-approval commitments and applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills including ability to prioritize critical needs, act decisively, and handle a high volume of complex tasks within a given timeframe.
- Track record of establishing effective business relationships with internal and external customers, demonstrating strong collaboration skills, commitment to relationship building, and a relentless focus in delivering on commitments.
- Flexibility to adapt to the dynamic needs of a rapidly growing biotech company.
- Exceptional negotiation skills—you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships.
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo, with a demonstrated commitment to process improvement and best practices.
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- A ‘digital first’ mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency wherever possible.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.