Associate Laboratory Gas Specialist
Collegeville, PA 19426 US
Title: Associate Laboratory Gas Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 3+ month contract, potential for extension
- Pay rate: $27-$31.45/hr
- Job Location: Collegeville, PA
- Schedule: M-F, standard 1st shift hours
- Job#: bh16122
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to provide critical lab support as part of a dynamic lab service team. The gas operations team ensures all scientists have an adequate supply of pressurized cryogenic liquid dewars, compressed gas cylinders, and dry-ice available to accomplish their research activities. This includes the procurement, delivery, fill, and making connections per established SOP's and in accordance with all company policies and procedures. The team also liaises between customer and approved vendors. A successful candidate should have great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and be able to work independently.
- Oversee and manage the receipt, transport, connections, and storage of the uninterrupted supply of national formulary grade cryogenic liquids and gasses to labs and the supply of lab services fill stations (as required)
- Maintain and manage uninterrupted supply of dry ice
- Monitor and record levels and pressures of bulk and/or micro-bulk cryogenic liquids and gasses within their container
- Inspect mechanical integrity of dewars and cylinders and notify supervisor and/or manager when deficiencies are noted.
- File and maintain delivery documentation.
- Initiate creation of work orders for repairs to portable dewars as needed.
- Maintain housekeeping and inventory levels of cryogenic liquid and gas bulk filling and storage areas
- Move heavy equipment between different locations on campus as needed
- Demonstrate appropriate use of relevant equipment after training (includes hands-on ability to use equipment and proper filing of gas documentation).
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Ability to read and interpret chemical labeling and hazardous signage.
- Ability to make hose connections to and from compressed gas cylinders and pressurized liquid tanks.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Associate degree in a scientific field with 1+ years laboratory experience working in a scientific environment OR
- High School Degree or equivalent with 3+ years' experience working with hazardous chemicals and gasses
- Laboratory customer service experience
- Previous experience with vendor relations and contract management
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to extreme temperature, biological materials, hazardous chemicals.
- May be required to complete Medical Clearance, Respiratory Protection Training, and Fit Testing to wear a respirator as protection against animal allergens where animals are present in the laboratory environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!