Hudson, MA 01752 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Automation Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $34-38/hr
- Job Location: Hudson, MA
- Job# 14646
The Automation Technician will support Manufacturing and Engineering by identifying and troubleshooting process, material, software, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions. Develop, assemble, procure, or modify existing and new electromechanical and automated tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install electronic components and logic controllers in new or existent equipment
- Diagnose and repair automated equipment
- Execute equipment and software maintenance to ensure SCADA systems availability. Implement improvements to SCADA systems
- Execute validations, verification, DOE, and engineering studies on current and new equipment to ensure compliance with quality, safety, and production requirements
- Propose and implement process and equipment improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve safety conditions
- Maintain, test, calibrate and repair production and prototype equipment, product and related subassemblies per specifications and document results with operations and engineering
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repair of production equipment and/or perform schedule maintenance repair of production equipment
- Support production activities as required to achieve the goals
- Train other technicians to perform maintenance and calibration of production and prototype equipment
- Report failures via NCE process if applicable
- Execute verification protocols
- Perform failure analysis investigations and report findings via NCR process
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed
- Mentor other Technicians in the areas of troubleshooting and testing instruments and building test fixtures
Education & Experience
- Associate degree or certificate in a technical discipline in electronics, mechanical, software or related technologies
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory requirements
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Soldering skills preferred
- Ability to read schematics and technical drawings
- Ability to perform complex test operations and operate and maintain test equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical, pneumatic and software systems
- Ability to mentor and train other employees
- IPC-610, IPC-620, IPC-7711/7712 Certified preferred
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.