San Diego , CA 92121 US
Title: Buyer II
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $30-45/hr
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job#: 15189
- Responsible for procurement and management of materials. Combines the use of provided forecasts and tools with independent data analysis to schedule deliveries and ensure continuity of supply. Reviews standard and invoice purchase price variances and identifies standard pricing on an annual basis.
- Essential and Responsibilities
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures including the use of Approved Suppliers and procurement of materials that meet specification.
- Create and manage purchase orders in Oracle with suppliers for the procurement of approved material components or services, as required by Material Requirements Planning
- Manage communication and relationships with suppliers through delivery of forecasts, quarterly business review meetings, resolution of quality complaints, and management of open orders.
- Drive increased value from current suppliers through implementation of local inventories or consolidation of shipments
- Negotiate rising costs with suppliers and report monthly to Finance on Purchase Price Variances
- Proactively report material constraints and participate in contingency plan and sourcing of alternates
- Monitor status of open purchase orders, and expedite/defer as needed to ensure on-time delivery
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
- Review and approve the movement of components across the organization and to global locations.
- Manage and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Setup & maintain ERP Item parameters (re-order level, lead time, safety stocks)
- Participate in project teams with internal customers (Engineering, Quality, Production, R&D, and Distribution) and provide excellent customer service to requestors.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Strong analytical and reporting
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Training/certification in LEAN, Six Sigma, APICS, or project management preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Procurement Role supporting production. Experience in a medical or cGMP production environment is preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Applied knowledge of MRP, Supply/Demand, Order Management, Inventory management (preferred Oracle ERP)
- At least intermediate skill level in MS Excel reporting and data analytics
- Compliance with a Quality Management System
- Strategic Sourcing (preferred)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to one of our recruiters. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.