Chemical Management Specialist (73-1)
Rockville, MD 20850 US
Title: Chemical Management Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 1+ year contract
- Pay rate: $30-$34.87/hr
- Job Location: Rockville, MD
- Schedule: 8am – 5pm, M-F
- Job#: bh
We are looking for a highly motivated chemical specialist to provide critical lab support at a customer site in Rockville, MD. The chemical specialist owns and manages chemical inventory in the ChemStore. The ChemStore is a service that provides safe and rapid delivery of critical fine chemical building blocks for Research and Development teams sitewide. The chemical specialist strictly adheres to safety policies and procedures, maintains excellent communication with scientific staff, and provides metrics to management. A successful candidate should have great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and be able to work independently. This candidate should also have great computer skills and able to enter scientific data into inventory management systems with speed and accuracy.
- Maintains chemical stock supply inventory; verifies inventory levels by performing periodic checks across multiple locations.
- Place and track orders through customer platform.
- Receives and stores supplies in warehouse or supply room.
- Uses customer or internal inventory management platform to track inventory levels.
- Maintains inventory stockroom, central warehouse, and satellite locations. Transport materials from warehouse to various building locations on campus.
- Reviews incoming orders for proper quantities requested, and authorized approvals; inspects and verifies supplies received against invoice and packing slip; initiates requests for vendor corrections.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Communicate with procurement to place orders as required and handle downstream invoice queries Participates in business review meetings and provides data/analytics related to chemical levels in order to inform business decision making.
- Communicate regularly with customer to provide updates on chemical delivery and supply chain delays.
- Delivers stock items upon request to the appropriate location and/or scientist.
- This role may work closely with other teams to seamlessly deliver lab support services Verify SDS documents in association with the chemical inventories.
- May be required to be cross trained and provide back-up in other lab support areas May be required to train additional team members Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment/software after training.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret chemical labeling and hazardous signage.
- Excellent customer service skills complemented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- MS Office Skills: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Associate’s degree in a scientific field with 1 or more years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified OR High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 or more years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience with inventory management software.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to extreme temperature, biological materials, hazardous chemicals.
- May be required to complete Medical Clearance, Respiratory Protection Training, and Fit Testing to wear a respirator as protection against animal allergens where animals are present in the laboratory environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!