San Diego, CA 92121 US
Title: Chemistry Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 6 months – chance to extend/convert
- Job Location: San Diego CA
- Pay Rate: $58-68/hr
- Job#: bh16126
Are you passionate about Chemistry and looking to transition away from the bench? Have you ever been in the lab and thought – ‘I could save so much time if only I had an application that did X for me!’? By joining the Chemistry Analysts team, you can help make X a reality for our scientists. As an Analyst, you will work directly with chemists to understand their needs and shape requirements for solutions that enhance productivity, drive innovation, and align with Research strategy.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of medicinal chemistry and the drug discovery process and be able to influence others and make an impact. They will liaise between chemists and software developers to support new and existing custom research applications i.e., requirements capturing, documentation, admin, and user access. They will also provide testing support for applications, train and support chemists on internal and commercial research applications and make necessary data changes in corporate research databases to maintain a high quality of information.
- BS/MS in Chemistry with 3+ years of experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with internal or commercial scientific applications (i.e., electronic laboratory notebook, chemical inventory system, Chemdraw, Marvin Sketch).
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to creatively engage scientists and software developers to understand complex issues and arrive at innovative solutions fully.
- Understanding relational databases and SQL is a plus.