Cloud Security Architect - 0145
Remote, CA 94043 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Cloud Security Architect
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $105-125/hr
- Job Location: Remote (CA)
- Job# 15378
The Cloud Security Architect owns the end to end design of complex, integrated, enterprise security solutions and deep integrations. Focus on solving business problems by designing a well architected, scalable, and extensible solution.
Key senior individual contributor role in our Information Security team supporting IT to deliver solutions to many different business organizations within the company
Responsible for gathering business and technical requirements from our internal customers to design and help deliver secure solutions.
- Demonstrates experience performing security design review of distributed systems and APIs
- Served as a cloud security SME for high visibility cloud initiatives
- Created security reference architecture for multi-tenant cloud initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of cloud computing operations (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and how to secure them
- Translated and applied compliance and security requirements into solutions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with engineers to identify tradeoffs of different solutions and recommend the ideal design to meet security requirements
- Experience in secure development especially in large, complex system environments
- Deep understanding and experience securing CI/CD pipelines
- Strong grasp of the shared responsibility model of cloud computing
- Product security background preferred
- Responsible for the end-to-end security architecture for cloud solutions involving multiple public cloud stacks (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) and internal cloud platforms
- Responsible for delivering the detailed security architecture and design artifacts
- Works closely with the security and business domain architects to ensure that platform specific solutions meet the needs of all functional, security requirements and architecture design
- Communicates best practices and lessons learned and continuously updates the technical security architecture based on changing technologies in collaboration with other domains security architects
- Recommends and designs the implementation of standards, tools, and methodologies
- Assists with project level of effort estimations
- Recommends and participates in ‘Proof of Concept’ meetings required to investigate technical possibilities to meet business needs
- Develops security strategy and roadmaps to create technical solutions
- Researches and keeps current on latest cloud security design patterns and cloud products
- Ability to communicate and work seamlessly in a global team
- Works with multiple multi-functional teams to support releases of varying size, complexity, and duration
- Deep knowledge of cloud operational models and secure SaaS/PaaS/IaaS architectures in a world of containerized microservices
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes Experience in applying security to cloud technologies (Data Encryption, Securing CI/CD pipeline, Secure Infrastructure as Code, Container Security, IAM)
- Knowledge of primary Azure services or AWS/GCP analogues (Virtual machines/EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53/DNS, S3/Blob storage, Lambda/Functions, EKS/AKS) and IAM implementation Expertise in cloud architecture and security fundamentals including containers, software-defined networks, high availability design, multi-cloud , and serverless compute
- Knowledge of serverless computing/functions and how to protect them
- Hands on experience in driving end to end security for cloud product - SAST, DAST, IAST, OSS scanning, security unit testing, and pen testing
- Working experience in implementing security tooling in public cloud environment - SIEM, vulnerability and threat management, IDS, container workload protection, DLP, etc.
- Thorough hands-on experience with CSPM and CWPP tools (ie: Prisma Cloud) Expert in threat modeling and secure architecture review
- 10+ years total experience and 4+ years in Cloud Security
- Presenting security risks to wide audience including senior management
- Familiarity with BeyondCorp or similar zero trust security models
- Experience designing and building security services in a SecDevOps cloud operations model
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for industry standard certifications such as PCI DSS, SOC2, HIPAA, ISO-27001, FedRAMP
- OWASP Top 10 web application security risks and remediations
- TOGAF certification
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!