Computational Toxicologist - San Diego CA - 14699
La Mesa , CA 92121
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Computational Toxicologist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $28/hr
- Job Location: Hybrid – La Mesa, CA
- Job#: bh 14095
Preclinical Safety Assessment is looking for exceptional candidates to assist with the development and implementation of quantitative systems toxicology models to assess the safety profile of drug candidates prior to clinical testing. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing a toxicogenomic pipeline and developing the supporting data infrastructure. As part of this work, the candidate is expected to collate data, prepare presentations, and develop user guides. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background and interest in computational biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, and/or programming. Experience with Python and/or R is required. Experience with backend development, database design, and/or data engineering is preferred. Preclinical Safety Assessment is a global department works closely with the department of Data and Computational Sciences to accelerate the discovery, prioritization, and analysis of high-quality drug candidates.
- The candidate will be expected to work closely with gene expression datasets and any associated metadata
- The candidate will be expected to integrate backend tools and data sources to deploy a systems toxicology pipeline which the team can leverage for data analysis
- The candidate will be expected to work with stakeholders to develop the infrastructure to store, retrieve, and process omics data
- The candidate will be expected to generate user documentation for the developed tools and pipelines
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The candidate must be assertive and ask questions when uncertain
- The candidate will be required to regularly present their progress in formal and informal settings to colleagues
- The candidate will interface with colleagues in other departments, such as Data Sciences, DMPK, Medicinal Chemistry, or Scientific Computing, as well as external partners as dictated by the project
- MS or PhD in life sciences with a strong computational focus
- Experience with scripting (Python or R/Bioconductor)
- Experience with designing and/or developing databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Strong work ethic with excellent scientific skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Toxicology/Preclinical Safety
- Data Engineering
- Database Development
- Systems Biology
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!