Conflicts Attorney (PERM)
Boston, MA 02111 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Conflicts Attorney
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $125-160k
- Job Location: NY, MA, D.C, CT, or RI
- Job# 14663
The Conflicts Attorney will have two main functions:
1) assist Lateral Supervisor in all aspects of lateral conflicts clearance, understand and guide others regarding lateral clearance policy; and
2) assist the department in escalated conflicts issues, help draft waivers and specialized engagement language, and work with Senior Conflicts Attorney in reviewing Outside Counsel Guidelines.
This position is structured with “room to grow”. The candidate will start by assisting the lateral group but slowly evolve to take on more difficult conflict/waiver issues and Outside Counsel Guideline review as the expertise and skillsets develop.
• Research, analyze, and help resolve conflicts for new hires, including partners. • Determine and decide, in consultation with attorneys, whether a conflict waiver is or is not required.
• Assist in all other aspects of lateral clearances, including data entry of lateral former matter information.
• Assist Lateral Supervisor in liaising with recruiting department, understand pipeline of incoming laterals, work with Lateral Supervisor in dividing work and meeting deadlines.
• Work with Senior Conflicts Attorney and Director in resolving complex conflict issues, escalate as necessary and work with firm attorneys in understanding details of client and matter engagements.
• Draft, understand, and edit specialized engagement letters.
• Perform review of Outside Counsel Guidelines; work with firm attorneys and other stakeholders in obtaining approvals; memorialize agreements for internal department use.
• Liaise with firm attorneys and Legal Executive Assistants to understand conflicts needs and provide excellent customer service.
• Search, analyze, and understand client engagement terms, providing analyses where needed.
• Provide expertise to Firm attorneys and management in the conflict check process.
• Research, identify, and resolve conflicts of interest for new clients and matters.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and pivot between requests, staying highly organized and responsive to time-sensitive emails.
• Assist in conflict searching for marketing purposes or other requests as assigned.
• Perform client and matter maintenance, work with teammates to update database regularly and ensure database integrity.
• Other related tasks as so required.
• Bachelor’s degree/JD required.
• Active licensed attorney.
• Two (2) years of legal intake and conflicts experience highly preferred in a high volume automated environment.
• Computer skills including, but not limited to, legal accounting/billing systems, familiarity with web-based research for conflict checking purposes, knowledge of databases and accurate typing skills.
• Knowledge of the ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize assignments and move quickly from one to another.
• Ability to work extended hours on a short-term and limited basis to accommodate short-term activity spikes and urgent requests.
• Team player.
• Intapp experience preferred
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!