Controls Engineer (PERM)
Boston, MA 02139 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Controls Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: PERM
- Pay rate: $120-135k
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# 14974
The Controls Engineer will be a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Team, focused on developing the next generation high-volume manufacturing processes that will connect revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. This team member will define process control system needs for critical production steps and collaborate with internal and external machine design experts to identify, screen and develop process control concepts that meet these specs. The Controls Engineer reports to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing.
- Deep knowledge of industrial control, automation, and measurement systems in support of unique products going from development to commercialization.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to technical support requests in a timely fashion, delivering solutions on time while updating a support ticket database with accurate and traceable results.
- Highly adaptable – able to provide quality results while delivering on aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python.
- Demonstrated ability to query, manage and maintain SQL databases.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the integrity of a multi-tiered data management platform including data warehouse.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Current knowledge of safety and best practices in the field of controls engineering from PLCs to MES systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively while troubleshooting and building electrical control cabinets.
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced troubleshooting of controls systems without requiring direct supervision.
- Hands-on experience with industry standard control systems (eg Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, etc).
- Hands-on experience with industrial SCADA systems (eg Ignition, Wonderware, etc).
- Hands-on experience with online and offline manufacturing metrics (e.g., vision, thickness measurement, defect detection, etc).
- Experience designing, specifying and implementing a manufacturing execution system.
- Knowledge of best practices in automation and control system, manufacturing data collection systems, and operations management systems.
- Knowledge of ISA-88 and ISA-95
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex and new manufacturing processes.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Create, communicate, and implement the company-wide manufacturing data & controls strategy to facilitate the roadmap to go from development to commercialization.
- Support the development of the manufacturing control system infrastructure leading to products that meet or exceed cost, quality, features, functionality & performance.
- Identify and collaborate with external service and equipment suppliers and strategic partners.
- Lead selected programs, projects and initiatives.
- Report and recommend on manufacturing data & controls matters to Senior Management.
- Provide guidance and expert advice on manufacturing control systems to other technical groups and non-technical groups.
- 3-5 years’ experience in data & controls engineering-related positions.
Areas of Independent Action:
- Complex problem solving, ability to identify complex problems, and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical thinking: use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Supervise and manage coops and/or interns.
Physical and Environmental Standards:
- Must be capable of extensive travel on a global basis.
- Must be capable of working in a clean dryroom environment.
- Capable of wearing clean room attire when working in dry room environment: face mask, hair net, safety glasses, gloves, coverall suit and shoe covers.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!