Controls System Manager - Diffusion (PERM)
Billerica, MA 01862 US
Title: Control System Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80-110k
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job# 15766
The Controls System Manager provides team leadership and manages software and controls solutions for the diffusion product line. The Manager will be involved with project management, writing code, pricing, budgeting, code oversight, project coordination and documentation for the diffusion product line. The manager leads a team to efficiently complete software and controls projects including design, testing, maintenance, documentation along with technical support and application training for internal and external customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Creating detailed project plans and budgets for the project road map.
- Manage multiple contractors and internal resources to ensure project timeline, scope and budget are met.
- Develop solutions for a wide range of problems and generate work outlines, timelines and quotes.
- Test, troubleshoot and verify software and hardware designs. Document defects to enable developers to easily reproduce and fix software defects.
- Work with Sales and others to generate cost estimates and quotes for new products and enhancements.
- Track and reproduce problems relating to software/hardware. Provide interim solutions for customers.
- Provide technical support for control system hardware.
- Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Write requirements documentation for new product features both software and hardware. Collaborate with customers, engineers, Sales and Marketing on designs.
- Writing and presenting technical documentation for sales, support, end users and oven help system.
- Handle support issues as required to support Final Test, Field Service and Customer Support worldwide. Travel may be required.
- Provide general product application support for sales and marketing efforts. Understand requirements for challenging applications.
- Maintain C# Code base for Cimetrix CimControl Framework Solutions.
- Maintain Git Repository ensuring code quality.
- Identify Software Solutions to aid developers. Like Slack, Resharper, Teams, VPN, License Generation
- Lead meetings to ensure work is being completed on time and to specification.
- Follow Scrum workflow and outline tasks for developers by Creating Kanban cards for tasks, tracking project progress.
- Oversee maintenance on Legacy C Code base and Legacy Assembly Code base
- Develop and execute detailed, manual, and automatic test procedures designed to validate software and hardware.
- Strictly adhere to all safety policies and comply with Quality System procedures, as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong leadership and project management skills. Able to work with customers, internal staff and contract resources to define and efficiently complete projects and tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team when needed but must also be able to work and make decisions independently.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
- Knowledge of a programming language and general programming practice. C#, C, PAL Boolean Algebra and Assembly
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical / electronic and electromechanical circuits on large industrial equipment.
- Technical writing and document management experience is a strong plus.
Education and experience
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 2+ Years of Management or Code Lead Experience
- 2+ Years of experience with C# Or High-level object orientated Language Like Java.
- 2+ Years of Source Control like Git.
- 5+ Years of Hardware and Electrical Circuit level debugging and advance troubleshooting.
- Semi Standards Experience is a plus.
- Secs/Gem/HSMS experience is a plus
- Good interpersonal, leadership, written communication, and computer skills.
- Desire to work with customers to solve complex issues.
- Willingness to travel. Expectation 5 -10% both international and domestically.
- Knowledge of Cimetrix CimControl Framework, C, VB, PLC programming such as Structured Text and Ladder Logic a plus.
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with Teams, Slack is a plus.
- Linux/Unix Experience is a plus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!