Braintree, MA 02188 US
Title: Cost Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $28-37/hr
- Job Location: Braintree, MA
- Job# 16132
Reporting directly to the Controller, Seeking an experienced Cost Accountant.This position will be responsible for organizing and performing all cost accounting activities including the review and/or audit of related inventory activities, policies, or procedures.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Review Period End Inventory report, WIP report and Costed Shipments Item Detail report on monthly basis and adjust, as necessary.
- Update and maintain the direct labor rates and overhead rates in the production facilities.
- Research routings, structures, and production parts as required.
- Submit documentation for corrections as required.
- Review PPV’s, Job Order Variances, and other inventory transactions for reasonableness and work with Production Control to correct.
- Review and calculate excess and obsolete inventory reserves on a periodic basis.
- Review LIFO report on a quarterly basis.
- Identify items which require review to ensure accuracy of current costs.
- Conducts quarterly cycle count audit and issues report of audit findings.
- Provide cost quote information as needed.
- Run monthly cost accounting reports; prepare selected monthly journal entries; Labor analysis and prepare other supporting cost of sales support schedules.
- Complete year end processing and support annual outside auditor’s review.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- Assist in the year-end budgeting process.
- Assist Controller in supporting requests from dept. heads, outside auditors, and government agencies.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration or equivalent experience with one to three years of financial management experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!