Hopedale , MA 01757
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Cost Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80k
- Job Location: Hopedale, MA
- Job#: bh 13991
- This newly created role will be supporting the Senior Manager, Finance for all aspects of the operations accounting, including financial reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Finance team and will be able to function at a very detailed level of cost accounting (including standard and weighted moving average costing approaches) and analysis, as well as be able to interface regularly with financial and operational leaders to help sustain profitability
- Support the Senior Manager, Finance in performing accounting tasks and accomplishing deliverables to generate reliable financial statements
- Perform month end close duties related to inventory, cost of goods sold and gross margin, including preparation of journal entries and related reporting
- Coordinate, develop and execute standard cost rolls on a periodic basis
- Perform calculation and analysis of inventory reserves to ensure they are adequate and in compliance with financial policies. Monitor, track and report slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Perform reporting for key performance indicators (i.e., Gross and Direct margin, slow moving inventory, scrap, inventory turns, DIO, and absorption) to understand the business and analyze performance against Budget/ Forecast – this will include working with Operations and Finance management
- Assist in preparation of product profitability reporting that includes absorption, project and process costs
- Aid in achieving budget/forecast objectives by analyzing consumption accounts, inventory adjustments, operational variances and under/over absorption, leading cost center review meetings with senior management and implementing corrective actions
- Support the annual external audit process
- Manage ad-hoc projects as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- SAP ERP experience required
- MS office products with strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Adaptive or other BI tools would be a plus, but not required
- Sound understanding of cost accounting principles
- Effectively and proactively communicates essential information with all levels of the organization
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Continuous learner, always seeking opportunities to improve financial processes
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential)
- Accounting designation (CPA, CMA), or an equivalent related experience preferred
- Hybrid role with some commuting to office required. Agreeable work environment typical of an open office setting with some exposure to noise from office machines.
- Minimal Travel, will include potential overnight to support manufacturing plants
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.