Customer Technical Support Specialist III (PERM)
Bedford, MA 01862 US
Title: Customer Technical Support Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $70-80k
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job# 15765
Support all technical aspects of post market activities for all company products worldwide meeting and/or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations. Respond to customer related technical inquiries, specifically around electrical problems and troubleshoot electrical circuits, as well as the determination of the necessity to dispatch service personnel to insure timely resolution of customer issues. In addition, the Specialist may train the customers on resolving issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Interfaces directly with customers, representatives, field engineers on the phone and in person regarding questions of operations, maintenance and or applications of the equipment.
- Provides backup support to field service representatives via telephone and/or on-site support.
- Interfaces between field service and other operating departments to affect timely resolutions to field problems.
- Collaborates with engineers to review a wide variety technical material for such publications as installation manuals, maintenance manuals, operator guides, Field Advisor Notices, and Field Change Orders.
- Generate service bulletins identifying any hardware and/or software changes to the customer base and field service personnel.
- Verify, document, and report all recurring failures as reported by customers and field service personnel and interface with Manufacturing and Engineering departments to eliminate recurring failures.
- Selects appropriate equipment and parts to meet customer’s requirements and corresponds with customer and field sales personnel.
- Conduct training and development of the BTU and third-party service personnel, as well as customers on the operations, maintenance, and system troubleshooting of BTU products.
- Assist in special tasks as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities
- May require travel
- Out of hours on call support
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience in high pressure, fast paced service business.
- Proficiency with various desktop PC software packages (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Analytical and statistical ability.
- Proficiency with electrical, electronics, pneumatics, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Proficiency with computer and PLC control systems.
Education and experience
- Associates degree or Trade School focusing in electrical or electronics, or equivalent work experience in a technical field, or Miliary technical training.
- Five years of experience in a technical service organization.
- Project management experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!