Design & Model Technician
Millbury , MA 01615 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Design & Model Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $25-30/hr
- Job Location: Milbury, MA
- Job# 15016
The Design and Model Technician is responsible for the fabrication of Air Force, NASA and Boeing Helmet Visors and Sunshade products.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Fabricates acrylic and polycarbonate helmet visors and sunshade products per customer requirements and specifications.
- Requires cutting, hot forming, soldering, operation of a plotter, cementing, hand finishing and finish polishing to convert raw materials to a finished product.
- Utilizes various tools and machinery to fabricate products.
- Maintains supporting documentation and recordkeeping for these products.
- Supports training of new technicians when needed.
- Complies with applicable safety standards and regulations.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of work area.
- Other duties as assigned by the Design and Model Supervisor.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Employee works under general supervision.
- Employee makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Employee recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow written work procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Position requires basic data input into company software systems such as email or customer service database.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school or vocational school degree.
- Minimum 2 years of related hands-on experience with plastics.
- Specialized training or certification required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Periods of standing and walking through the factory.
- Periods of sitting at a worktable and/or working on a computer.
- Occasional physical exertion including the lifting of objects exceeding 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity is necessary.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
- Work occasionally requires visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to work safely with materials and machinery.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Some areas of the building are not climate controlled.
- Safety concerns with potentially dangerous equipment and machinery.
- Some exposure to heat, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience.
- Some exposure to hazards that might cause minor injury.
- Work with hazardous chemicals.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.