Alberta, AB T4P 1A5 CA
Title: Design Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80-115k
- Job Location: Alberta, Canada
- Job# 15812
Seeking an experienced and motivated Clinical Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the VP, Head of Biometrics, this critical position will be responsible for working with partners to implement, maintain, and expand our central clinical data repository and data review platform, coordinating clinical trial data review and monitoring, and making contributions to clinical development leveraging advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML).
- Work with internal and external partners to implement and maintain central clinical data repository and data review platform.
- Develop new modules for and expand functionalities of the data review platform to meet study monitoring needs.
- Coordinate data review and medical/statistical monitoring tasks for efficient clinical trial monitoring.
- Work with clinical scientists, biostatisticians, statistical programmers, and data managers to identify ongoing analytics needs and solutions.
- Contribute to clinical development programs leveraging advanced technologies such as AI/ML.
- Stay current with new technologies and continuously improve data systems and processes.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ (MS) or 3+ (PhD) years of data analysis experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry or an academic setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of an R&D environment, with knowledge of data and standard practices in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and R. Skills in other computer languages (e.g. Python, C++, Java) are plus.
- Experience in visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, R Shiny).
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies/Service (e.g. AZURE, AWS).
- Passionate about using data and advanced technologies such as ML to solve problems or improve efficiencies.
- Continuously learning and developing technical skillset.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for an open and effective dialogue throughout the company.
- Attention to detail and quality are critical to success.
- Highly accountable for the results and outcomes of their responsibilities and understands the impact of their efforts, results, and attitudes on others.
- Uses teamwork to work cooperatively toward the most effective solutions, championing the best ideas of team members, and assisting where help is needed yet is capable of highly independent work when efficiency is required.
- Results-oriented individual who is highly motivated, decisive, flexible in thought, and has the creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Forward thinking mindset with the ability to manage multiple projects, and identify and resolve issues.
- Broad experience in an emerging, publicly traded company environment is a plus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!