Desktop Support Specialist
Remote - MA / RI, MA 02347
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Pay rate: $45-$55K
- Job Location: Mostly remote, some site work in MA & RI
- Job#: bh14302
Desktop Support Specialist
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
- Completing client service requests in a professional, courteous manner as efficiently as possible over the phone, via email, or on-site if necessary.
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and managing them in a logical and systematic manner.
- Accurately logging and documenting all service request time, while categorizing and prioritizing them in line with team policies and procedures.
- Managing service requests and projects throughout their entire lifecycle, from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the client informed of progress.
- Sharing knowledge and communicating effectively with team members.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally, both in written and verbal communication, with clients, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work pre-determined, rotating on-call schedule after-hours and on weekends.
- Willingness to learn, solve problems, and step in to help others.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE NEEDED
- Strong knowledge and experience with the following common IT and networking technologies and protocols, including but not limited to:
- Enterprise routing & switching, VPN, wireless technologies, carrier WAN technologies
- Windows and Mac operating systems
- Microsoft Server operating systems, roles, and services (2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022)
- VMware vSphere and vCenter including all relevant hypervisor technologies
- Microsoft 365 products, spam filtering, and cyber security products
- Microsoft Azure
- VoIP technologies and networking including voice VLANs, QoS and cloud IP PBX
- Printers, scanners, and peripherals
- Backup and disaster prevention/recovery products (Datto BCDR, Veeam)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- College or technical degree preferred
- Certifications in the IT field preferred
- Primarily remote, with up to 25% travel to client sites (likely less)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 per year
- 1-week paid vacation to start (no accrual), increased to 2-weeks after first year
- 11 paid holidays
- Sick and personal time
- Paid time during business hours for certification training and paid certification exams (passing)
- Cell phone stipend
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!