REMOTE, MN 55437
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: ETL Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $ 63.67/HR
- Job Location: Remote
- Job#: bh14272
The ETL Engineer’s role is to work with the stakeholders and technical teams to provide a clear view of the data(s) as well as database administration. This role would require a service-oriented mentality, a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues, and establishing and maintaining communications with stakeholders to keep them updated. They would be working closely with the Lead DBA, Product Owner, and Security Officer in developing solutions in SSRS, and BI tools (QlikView, QlikSense, PowerBI).
- Develops and maintains strategies on data consolidation
- Builds data models and defines the structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements
- Maintains a strong grasp of ETL process and development
- Manages, Architects and builds Data ODS, Warehouse, and standard systems
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to build SSIS jobs using SSMS and Visual Studio
- Participates and works closely with BI developer on data needs
- Addresses requests and needs on data analysis and report management
- Collaborates with application development, product owners, and business stake holders to achieve business results
- Demonstrates a understanding of various BI tools (PowerBI, QlikView, Tableau)
- Creates reports in Microsoft SQL SSRS
- Participates in development and creation of Data warehouses
- Conducts Performance Tuning and Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
- Demonstrates knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Writes and troubleshoots SQL Code (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints
- Evaluates new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed Creates functions to provide custom functionality as per the requirements
- Develops best practices around database reporting and Business Intelligence tools
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates collaboration between development, business apps, Enterprise DBA, auditors and Security Officer on audits and compliance requests
- Manages and Maintains Business Intelligence Tool, QlikView
- Identifies, monitors, and communicates technical risk factors, issues, status, and results to IT management
- Participates in design walk-throughs and database script/code reviews
- Bachelors in Business MIS, or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years’ experience in database administration of development
- 4+ years’ experience in technology or finance fields
- Certifications in SQL or other database technology
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including SQL and other Microsoft products
- Experience with MS Dynamics CRM, GP, etc.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Travel Less than 10%
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by Client.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.