Electrical / Controls Engineer (PERM) X2
Salem, NY 12834 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Electrical / Controls Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Pay rate: $70-80k
- Job Location: Salem,NY
- Job# 14610
Electrical / Controls Engineer
The Electrical Controls Engineer will be responsible for implementing operations and capital improvement activities related to plant and equipment. This position leads electrical, process control and instrumentation upgrades and modifications, ensuring a high level of manufacturing effectiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages projects from initial concept and scope development through design, procurement, construction/installation and start-up.
- Monitors and manages the safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement of the project.
- Designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as programmable controllers.
- Provides instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement plans across the manufacturing environment.
- Utilizes background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems, specifically in Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500/PLC 5, PLCs, Kinetix Servo systems, FactorytalkView SE/ME applications, configuring and setting up Powerflex DC/AC VFDs, DeviceNet and ControlNet, Ethernet communications.
- Supports the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing of technical plans for engineering/maintenance of production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
- Troubleshoots issues with the Rockwell Systems – SCADA, MES, PLCs, VFDs and Servos, IO and Safety Devices.
- Prepares system integration plans, system specifications, system architecture drawings, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, equipment tag list, configurations, HMI screens, and bill of materials.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing services; identifies resource needs; reviews needs allocates resources accordingly and effectively communicates action plans/repairs.
- Participates in the development of control policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronics, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in paper process/web handling/electrical/control.
- Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen Experience.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Proficiency in Software Development – PLC programming, IO Configuration, SCADA/HMI programming and computer communication systems and network protocols – Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet.
CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- High sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Skills.
LEADERSHIP SPECIFIC COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Project Management Skills.
- Good Teamwork Skills with other Engineers, Operators, Mechanics, Electricians, Paper Machine Superintendents, Procurement, Business Units, R&D, and others in the NY Operations.
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!