Electro/Mechanical Assembler (2nd Shift)
Bethel , CT 06810 US
Title: Electro/Mechanical Assembler
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Contract
- Pay rate: $18.70-21.45/hr
- Job Location: Behtel, CT
- Job# 16018
- Performs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical or measurement product assembly operations on product components, assemblies, or sub-assemblies. Completes component, sub-assembly, and final assembly operations. Follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, cable harnessing, welding, and fitting on assembly units. Executes production operations as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Responsible for following all operating procedures to the highest standard.
- Works collaboratively with manufacturing associates, engineering, quality, and leadership to execute production requirements. Supports engineering experimentation and operational improvement initiatives as requested. Participates in teams to identify opportunities for improvement within production area. May assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision. Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited independent judgment.
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below-mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment at all times. Identify, address, and react to any unsafe or hazardous situation.
- Responsible for meeting quality, efficiency and safety requirements and standards.
- Organizes and verifies all components prior to completing assembly operations.
- Assembles basic sub-assemblies and final assemblies following all applicable procedures and documentation.
- Executes basic soldering operations as required per IPC standards.
- Read and interpret basic schematics and blueprints required to ensure proper assembly.
- Utilize basic mechanical tools, electrical tools, measurement devices, soldering equipment, crimpers, and other hand tools.
- Completes all quality and assembly documentation required for functional area and in alignment with quality management system requirements.
- Consistently able to meet standard cycle time for production.
- Able to apply basic working knowledge of test equipment required within Operations area.
- Report all non-conformances to Team Lead or Supervisor and complete NCEs as appropriate.
- Ensure that processes are executed in a manner which supports all Quality Standards.
- Participate in root cause investigations with Operations team utilizing basic troubleshooting tools.
- Active participant in managed daily improvement process.
- Maintain and execute 5S within work area.
- Complete all training requirements in a timely manner and maintain accurate training records.
- Conduct inventory transactions to maintain integrity of inventory system.
- Timely and complete processing of work order transactions utilizing Oracle system.
- Utilize Oracle and Agile to retrieve necessary documentation and ensure accurate information.
- Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to adhere to standardized production schedule for position and ability to work overtime to support production needs as necessary.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials. Chemical exposure is limited to isopropyl alcohol to clean components; liquid Loctite to prevent fasteners from leaking or loosening from vibration. If soldering is performed, lead free solder is used with an air filter/vacuum in place to process air. PPE gloves are provided.
- Other (please specify): high voltage electronics, radiation. Ability to work in clean room, controlled environment, and/or dark room.
- High School or General Education Degree (GED), May have an associate degree.
- 0 - 1 years of experience
- Basic working understanding of Microsoft Office platform including Excel, Word, SharePoint, and OneDrive required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- High-level of attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- IPC 610 / 620 Certification.
- Experience with Oracle ERP system.
- Experience with Agile Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) handling best practices.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.