Embedded Hardware/Software Engineer
Ayer, MA 01464 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Embedded Hardware Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: Open
- Job Location: Ayer, MA
- Job# bh12451
Embedded Hardware Software Engineer
We are looking to hire an Embedded Software/Electronics Engineer to join our team in Ayer, MA to the design code for our new product projects. This position will be is responsible for the design, development, production, testing, and maintenance of embedded systems. This role also requires the software development side of the equation, develop testing and implementation of various embedded software systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design/develop hardware as needed to meet product specs
- Designing and writing the embedded software code according to desired specifications
- Meeting with the design team to determine software specifications.
- Creating design goals and deadlines
- Testing the software for scalability and structure
- Implementing the embedded system and interpreting error reports
- Fixing bugs and optimizing systems
- Maintaining the software program
- Documenting software application
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent in experience required. MS is a plus.
- Able to understand designs of analog circuits at discrete component level (passives, semiconductors)
- Able to read & understand data sheets of analog integrated circuits from TI, Analog Devices, Linear Tech, Maxim, etc.
- Able to select components and discuss specifications with manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
- Able to create component libraries and capture schematics. Experience with CAD packages, EAGLE, is a major plus.
- Able to layout a board; surface mount technology, 0.65mm pitch components
- Able to assemble prototype boards using breadboarding, point-to-point techniques and surface mount PCBs
- Entry or limited experience in designing:
- Switching regulators using current ICs
- Battery management systems
- Microprocessor interfacing at multiple logic levels
- Basic communication interfaces TTL/Serial, IIC, RS485, etc
- Comfortable designing and working at frequency levels of 10kHz to 1MHz regarding grounding loops, interference, and shielding.
- Basic RF understanding of interference and shielding 100MHz – 2GHz
- Able to develop embedded code C++ code at low level. Arduino-IDE experience with 32bit processors is a plus
- Able to develop reusable C++ classes highly optimized in memory footprint and execution speed.
- Familiarity with interrupts, timers, IIC and serial interface drivers. Debugging code using primitive tools.
- Able to design asynchronous state machines of non-blocking code.
- Able to create hierarchical block diagrams of systems
- Able to document code in a top-down fashion
- Fluent on Git or similar revision control systems.
- Experience in product design (small company, low volume, minimal structure/processes)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!