Engineering & Maintenance Technician (PERM)
Beverly, MA 01915 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Engineering & Maintenance Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $70-90K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Beverly, MA
- Job#: bh12576
Engineering & Maintenance Technician
The incumbent will troubleshoot, maintain and improve production equipment and fixturing. Be responsible for the administration and execution of preventive maintenance for all production equipment to minimize downtime and optimize production efficiencies. Will be the primary technical resource for performing factory acceptance, plant installation and commissioning of assembly equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on production equipment and plant facilities equipment including air compressors and lighting systems.
- Maintains spare parts inventory to support production.
- Continuously improves equipment and automation to reduce labor, cycle time, waste and increase efficiencies.
- Diagnosis’s problems, troubleshoot PLC code, replaces or repairs parts, detect and replaces defective control modules, test and make adjustments.
- Key team member in specification, reviewing designs, factory acceptance testing (at vendor’s facility) and installation of custom automated equipment.
- Able to interface effectively with outside vendors to resolve equipment problems.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of automated manufacturing lines. Including practical experience with mechanical equipment (motors, gears, belts, couplings), pneumatics systems (air compressors, actuators), PLCs, robotics and basic electrical systems required.
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and robotic programming software, specific experience with Allen-Bradley/RSLogix preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematics, P&IDs and automation design specifications.
- Very good computer skills including MS Office and maintenance management applications.
- Experience in an ISO/GMP environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation writing and training experience.
- Understand and have working knowledge of Lockout/Tagout, machine guarding requirements and general safety requirements.
- Must be able to travel.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!