Engineering Change Coordinator
Red Deer Canada, AB T4P 1A5 CA
Title: Engineering Change Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: PERM
- Pay rate: $57-80/hr
- Job Location: Canada
- Job# 16036
Engineering Change Coordinator
The Engineering Change Coordinator is accountable for creating and maintaining the overall complete and accurate Engineering Change Order (ECO) package. They will be working closely with the Engineering, Procurement, Data, Manufacturing, and Warehouse teams, asking questions, and digging for answers in a timely manner. They will coordinate with the different groups on the ECOs to ensure that design changes have been created, modified, and updated in the system as required and visible to all stakeholders.
- Gathers, confirms, and submits necessary info for new and revised item setup requests.
- Ensures all new created items and revised items are present on the Engineering Change Order (ECO) and are properly represented with correct revision numbers on the corresponding engineering assembly drawings.
- Ensures all engineering assembly drawings are in released state and available in the vault.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing to ensures correct assembly drawings are in use at each work station and provide updated drawings when required.
- Creates, enters, and ensures accuracy all newly created and revised items in Oracle, ensuring all attributes are correct in the ECO package for Document Control.
- Performs initial investigation of any Work Definition changes proposed by the assembly team. Works with stakeholders to analyze and implement changes in Oracle. Adjusts Work Definitions and Work orders as required.
- Modifies item structures, work definitions and work orders as directed by Document Control Lead or supervisor.
- Ensures accuracy and completion of the Engineering and Document Control sections of the ECO document by cross-referencing information (utilizing v-lookups, x-lookups, etc.).
- Tracks and monitors ECO completion progress by maintaining the Checklist section of the ECO document.
- Coordinates with stakeholders (inventory management, warehouse, etc.) on all item structure changes; flags old parts and ensures rack space for new parts is created as per the Plan For Every Part (PFEP) agenda.
- Monitors part usage (in Oracle) and collaborates with stakeholders to utilize old parts before the new/replacement parts get picked and used. Adjusts as necessary with approval of Engineering Change Analyst.
- Creates and communicates a weekly phase in/phase out “heads up” list for stakeholders (warehouse, manufacturing, procurement, production, engineering teams, etc.).
- Collaborates with the Engineering, Materials, Production, Procurement, IT (and other cross-functional teams) to gather information and requirements, ensure accuracy, assist with implement system enhancements and updates.
- Ensures ECO documentation is clean before it leaves Engineering (good data to start) – including all data gathering from procurement, warehouse, manufacturing, etc.
- Works with the Warehouse Team, Procurement, Engineering and Manufacturing team to identify errors, opportunities and share best practices for process and costing improvements.
- Education: HS Diploma and/or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment? Working collaboratively with material planning, scheduling, and/ or engineering.
- A basic understanding of overall warehouse and manufacturing processes is required. Formal education in either field is considered a plus.
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawings.
- Ability to comprehend multi-level BOM’s and routings (item structures and work definitions)
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems (especially Oracle), including BOM and production management modules, is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills with the ability to stay focused and keep on top of priority tasks in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders from different functional areas to coordinate projects.
- Strong work ethic who is self-starter, takes ownership of one’s work, is reliable and accountable, demonstrates great teamwork.
- Positive, customer-focused, team player attitude with continuous improvement mindset.
- Eagerness to learn and embrace change and a desire to be better every day.
- Technical background (hands-on) and mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!