Equipment Mechanic - 2nd Shift
San Diego , CA 92121 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title Equipment Mechanic
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $55-65k
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# 14643
We are seeking an Equipment Mechanic 2 responsible for implementing and maintaining an engineering change order system including product improvements, repairs, and new product release.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance on lyophilizers, liquid fillers, labeling equipment, packaging equipment, water system equipment and filtration.
- Performs troubleshooting on electrical and mechanical systems on manufacturing equipment.
- Interacts with vendors to solve problems, determine part costs, and purchase parts.
- Diagnose and repair low voltage DC and AC electrical wiring/hardware
- Maintains equipment shop tools, equipment, and organization
- Writes procedures, documents, and reports.
- Travel between various facilities for equipment maintenance
- Must be able to work weekends or other shifts on occasions.
- Solid understanding in using various hand tools, multimeters, pneumatic, electrical power tools.
- Solid understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
- Awareness of applicable mechanical, electrical, and biological safety guidelines and standards.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment problems.
- Knowledge of windows-based computer systems.
- Knowledge of microprocessor and automation controls.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license to support multiple facilities
- Ability to operate mills, lathes, drill press, and power saws for fabrication of machine parts
- Detailed oriented with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to articulate information to coworkers and vendors
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience in a GMP environment preferred
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires High school, Trade school, or Military and 2-4 years related experience or AA
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.