Estate Administrator (PERM)
Cambridge, MA 02110 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Estate Administrator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
Pay rate: $130k
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Job#: bh 14143
An Am Law 200 law firm, has an immediate need for a motivated, analytical, detailed, and experienced Estate Administrator to report directly to the Manager of the Estate Administration Department, responsible for administering large and complex taxable estates. The individual will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 7 years of estate administration and trust experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization, as well as knowledge of estate planning techniques and tax laws relevant to estate administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of estate administration.
- Prepare and file Probate Court documents.
- Prepare and file Federal and Massachusetts estate tax returns, as well as other state estate tax returns.
- Collect assets, create asset lists, value assets, calculate estate tax estimates, prepare instruments of distribution and receipts, prepare correspondence to clients, beneficiaries, and advisors, participate in post-mortem income tax planning, transfer property to beneficiaries, prepare probate accountings, and fund formula distributions to marital and exemption trusts.
- Process receipts, and distributions for estate and trust accounts.
- Communications with in-house accountants, outside accountants, and other advisors.
- Monthly review of client statements for accuracy and consistency of details.
- Be a reliable, responsive, confident resource to attorneys, fiduciaries, and family members throughout the estate administration process; and
- Assist with other tasks and projects as requested or needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with all aspects of estate administration;
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Massachusetts estate tax laws;
- Preference for knowledge of estate tax program GEMS;
- Familiarity with trust accounting software;
- Additional strong technical skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF programs and Outlook;
- Skilled in working closely with attorneys both in-house and externally;
- Excellent project management skills, including well-organized, diligent at follow-up, self-directed follow-through, and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize multiple deadlines and deliverables, and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Produce accurate, consistent, detail-oriented results;
- Professional attitude, reliable, responsive and strong work ethic; and
- Ability to work independently, while also being flexible and an active contributor to the estate administration team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; and
- At least 7 years of estate administration and trust experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!