Auburn, MA 01615 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Fabric Cutter
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: TEMP TO PERM
- Pay rate: $17.00-$18.00
- Job Location: Auburn, MA
- Job# 14434
Individual will mark and cut fabric using patterns high-altitude flight suits and spacesuits.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the Fabric Cutter:
- Read and utilize blueprints and patterns required for suit construction.
- Use of a rolling cutter and or hot knife to cut out the majority of materials, sometimes use of scissors or punches when necessary.
- Mark and cut a variety of materials such as nylon, a canvas like material, and thick rubber like materials.
- Generate labels by use of computer as necessary.
- Take measurement of required zipper and cut to size.
- Lift rolls of material on and off shelves.
- Other duties as required.
- Employee works under close supervision.
- Employee has little or no decision-making responsibility.
- The employee has little or no impact on the decisions of others.
- General knowledge of fabric and exposure to stitching.
- Well versed in the U.S. measuring system, fractions of an inch especially.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Attention to small details.
- Must be able to work from patterns and written procedures.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills required.
- Position does not require any previous experience working with office software.
- No formal educational credentials are required.
- Zero- 1 year experience sewing or fabric, does not have to be commercial experience.
- No training required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Fabric Cutter encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Ability to lift to 30 pounds (rolls of material on and off of shelves)
- Manual dexterity to cut fabric in a variety of manners
- Occasional physical exertion including the lifting of objects exceeding 20 pounds
- Moderate concentration to effectively execute moderately complex tasks
- Visual effort to see very small details
- Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time
- Factory is not climate controlled
- The rolling cutter does have a sharp component
- Hot knife requires caution
- Some exposure to heat, dust, or other factors of minor inconvenience
- Infrequent exposure to hazards that require the exercise of caution with little likelihood of injury
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.