Warwick, RI 02907 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Firmware Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80-120k
- Job Location: Warwick, RI
- Job# 14436
The Firmware Engineer supports our rapidly growing domestic and international product development, sourcing, and manufacturing business.
Nature of Role: Reporting to the Director of Embedded Hardware, the Firmware Engineer works within program teams, leading firmware design efforts of Veranex’s product development programs.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, coupled with 3-10 years of experience in embedded systems development with some exposure to the medical device arena is required along with the following key attributes:
- Ability to design and develop firmware applications in response to functional specifications
- Development of embedded systems using C, C++, and C#
- Use of debugging tools, including software debuggers and basic use of electronic diagnostic devices for software development, integration, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate firmware with a variety of hardware platforms and to analyze and troubleshoot the hardware/firmware interface
- Experience with baremetal, RTOS, and/or embedded Linux environments
- Experience in developing wireless applications and devices
- Experience in sensor and instrumentation integration
- Development of applications with intensive, interrupt driven communications for real-time process control applications using multiple serial channels and communications protocols (proprietary and standard based)
- ARM microcontroller experience
- Experience with ISO 13485, IEC 62304, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
- Design and develop firmware for embedded systems. Integrate developed applications with other components
- Assist hardware engineers in development of new platforms and in troubleshooting hardware/software interfaces
- Document and perform integration, testing, debugging and installation support and activities
- Participate with project team in the design and implementation of new and enhanced products
- Develop control algorithms to optimize module and display system performance
- Interface with design team to support functional test and measurement requirements
- Initiate and maintain FDA software design control documents.
- Support the manufacturing process by designing and developing production automation software.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!