Health & Safety Specialist - 17948648
Los Angeles, CA 90032 US
Title: Health & Safety Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 1+ year contract, potential for extension or conversion
- Pay rate: $30 - $33/hr
- Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Schedule: 1st shift, 100% on-site
- Job#: bh15123
Health & Safety Specialist
The Health & Safety Specialist will perform a key role in supporting the Health and Safety Department. The position will give the specialist an opportunity to learn and apply Health & Safety principals within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Lead in the implementation of the Corporate Safety Plan, as well as area specific safety plans, in accordance with all applicable laws and best Support the development and implementation a Safety Management System based on ISO 45001 standard.
- Utilize working knowledge of federal, state, and local health & safety regulations as well as their application.
- Conduct audits by collecting and analyzing data from work environments and comparing results to established health and safety programs to ensure successful program implementation and legal compliance.
- With assistance from third parties, coordinate and conduct industrial hygiene sampling in work areas for potential health Sampling may include respirable air monitoring for dust, gases, vapors, and other hazardous compounds, occupational noise survey, and other sampling as needed.
- Participate in, and independently conduct health and safety assessments which include routine inspections and walkthroughs, JSAs, PPE evaluations, gap assessments, and as needed hazard / risk assessments. Draft written report and provide verbal report for assessments and evaluations.
- Assist in the issuance of hazardous work permits on site, which may include permits for hot work, confined space entry, and crane lifts.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations when requested and advise on applicable ergonomic equipment.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings, review, and monitor safety concerns and track action items to ensure closure in a timely manner.
- Support in managing functions of the Contractor Safety Program and lead daily contractor safety walkthroughs during semi-annual plant shutdowns.
- As a member of the H&S team, assist to promote safety awareness which include developing and distributing communications and follow ups to ensure corrective and preventive measures have been implemented.
- Perform other duties and projects as requested and assigned by the Health & Safety team.
- 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and work with moderate supervision in completing assigned tasks and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally and collaborate with personnel across multiple departments and functions.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments.
- Aptitude to research and problem-solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
- Manual dexterity to perform all job functions.
- Ability to lift /move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods - up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Ability to gown and work in an aseptic/clean room environment.
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals and biological hazards.
- Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate - Curriculum or post graduate studies in the Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety or related technical field.
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
- SAFETY PROGRAMS
- DETAIL ORIENTED
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- CLEAN ROOM
- RISK ASSESSMENTS
- AIR MONITORING
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
- VERY ORGANIZED
- PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING
- MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- MS OFFICE
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!