Heat Pump Senior Engineer
New Bedford, MA 02717 US
Title: Heat Pump Water Heater Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Job Location: New Bedford MA
- Pay Rate: $70-85k/yr
- Job#: bh16111
The Heat Pump Water Heater Senior Engineer reports solid line to the Local Engineering Laboratory Manager and dotted line to the Global HPWH Platform Organization and will be part of the team that works on product specification, testing, validation and certification for both new products development and continuous improvement. In addition, the resource will support on after sales force and field quality activities.
He/she will be responsible for the following activities:
- Product specific expertise for the HPWH in the US Market.
- Collaborate with the Product Platform (Design and Testing) as part of the development team.
- Check the compliance of the products with the US Standards (interacting with Notify Bodies).
- Technical committee attendance for US regulations.
- Heat pump fault analysis (in-house and in the field).
- Define and specify equipment and systems for HPWH testing.
- Elaborate and analyse experimental data for graphs and test reports.
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the Engineering Laboratory Manager.
The ideal candidate has a background in the Mechanical or Electronic Engineering field working in a R&D or Laboratory environment with the following processes in the technical expertise duties but not limited to:
- A Mechanical or Electronic Engineering degree with proven experience in R&D and Laboratory in automotive or white goods sector, preferably in HVAC sector or heat pump goods business.
- Good aptitude to experiment and troubleshoot, ability in using measurement and test tools, knowledge of MS Office tools are basic requirements.
- Availability to travel in US and occasionally in Europe for training.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Labview and other parametric simulation tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, goal orientation, teamwork and cooperation with other functions, problem solving and accountability complete the profile.