IT Service Operations Technician - 15846459
Burlington, MA 01730 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: IT Service Operations Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $24.64/hr
- Job Location: Burlington, MA
- Job#: bh14404
IT Service Operations Technician
Role going through end of October 2022
- 100% onsite
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated or have Medical / Religious Exemption for consideration
- This role calls for Mid-Level candidates that will provide On-Site Level 1 Service Operations and computer imaging support in our Bedford, MA office
- This worker will support end-users by screening, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex inquiries and work requests from on-site users as they relate to, but not limited to, the set-up and maintenance of the hot desking setups and on-site staff technical needs.
- This worker will support and execute hardware-related tasks, including but not limited to, imaging, building, coordinating repairs, and decommissioning laptops and desktops across multiple OS (Windows, MacOS and Linux); updating Asset Management tracking system; and supporting peripheral and computer inventory management processes
- All submitted candidates should be proficient in end user PC operating systems, applications, and hardware capabilities such as Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, Linux and Mac platforms.
- All candidates submitted should have strong experience providing customer service in the IT space.
- Candidates must have BA/BS Degrees or equivalent work experience for consideration Interview Process likely to be made up of 2 Zoom Video Interviews.
As a Service Operations Hardware Technician, you provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to internal end users in need. You quickly diagnose technology issues on the spot, explaining situations with patience and compassion. After determining the best course of action, you offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again or detail the users next steps in gaining support from other Service Operations team members. Even if you’re juggling more than one customer, you stay conscious of their time demands as well as your own. You fulfill the service commitment with style, speed, and skill. And you earn the trust of your customers and team members as you offer support and knowledge. We care about improving our services. We’re looking for people who identify problems and provide feedback to ensure our customer service stays relevant and current.
- Strong people skills and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of customer appointments.
- Passion for building and troubleshooting endpoint devices.
- Passion for providing superb customer service.
- Provide On-Site Level 1 Service Operations and computer imaging support in our Bedford, MA office
- Support and participate in the daily tasks of the Service Operations team
- Support end-users by screening, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex inquiries and work requests from on-site users as they relate to, but not limited to, the set-up and maintenance of the hot desking setups and on-site staff technical needs. Customer service skills highly valued.
- Support and execute hardware-related tasks, including but not limited to, imaging, building, coordinating repairs, and decommissioning laptops and desktops across multiple OS (Windows, MacOS and Linux); updating Asset Management tracking system; and supporting peripheral and computer inventory management processes.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Proficiency in end user PC operating systems, applications, and hardware capabilities: Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, Linux and Mac platforms.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the business supported applications and technologies serviced by the team (Active Directory, Office 365, Zoom, Slack).
- Must be able to work creatively, calmly, flexibly and under tight deadlines to respond quickly and positively to shifting/multiple demands and opportunities.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with users, co-workers, application developers and IT personnel both verbally and in writing using excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A self-starter who is a team player and can multi-task.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment a plus and highly desirable. (Zoom)
- An aptitude for acquiring skills in technical support and repairs, and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent prioritization skills and an ability to make decisions quickly.
- Success in team environments, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members.
- Strong customer service skills and work ethic.
- Punctuality & dependability.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Calm, courteous, and friendly demeanor.
- Approachable towards those who may be less technical.
- Takes ownership of issues. Try to help in any way they can using a reasonable effort even if unfamiliar with the technology.
- Anticipate issues before they become problems and have a solution ready.
- Maintains confidentiality about the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the users on the network.
- Embrace our "customer-centric" support model: Proactive and friendly service rather than reactive and discouraging of interaction.
- Take conversations with other IT and department managers seriously and consider the audience.
- Be professional but don’t sacrifice your own personality and be willing to fit into the culture of the company.
Education: BS/BA Degree or equivalent industry experience
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- ASSET MANAGEMENT
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- TEAM PLAYER
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- WINDOWS 10
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
- MICROSOFT WINDOWS
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- RETAIL SALES
- SELF MOTIVATED
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!