Indirect Tax Analyst
Atlanta, GA 30318 US
Title: Indirect Tax Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp-perm
- Pay rate: $31-40/hr
- Job Location: Atlanta, GA
- Job# 15817
The Indirect Tax Analyst role is an integral part of the tax department and will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of sales & use tax and other indirect tax returns and assisting in the exemption certificate process. In addition, this individual will handle the tracking of compliance, information requests, vendor requests, and other correspondence received by the Tax department. This individual will work in a fast-paced environment and use their ability to solve problems, think abstractly, and pay close attention to detail to succeed in the position.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Assisting with sales and use tax compliance, gross receipts tax compliance, property tax compliance, and compiling tax data for outside accounting firms
- Responding to inquiries to the Indirect Tax team from vendors and internal stakeholders
- Performing research on variances between invoice tax calculations between Accounts Payable and Tax
- Validating exemption certificates submitted through our portal and maintaining contact with vendors to ensure certificates are valid
- Maintaining the indirect tax calendar and process documentation
- Assisting in performing ongoing Vertex maintenance
- Corresponding with tax authorities on complex and contradictory matters and providing support for tax audits
- Calculating and updating use tax accruals and other indirect tax accruals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax/Accounting/Finance or related field
- Experience in reconciliation of transactional tax accounts
- 2+ years of job relevant experience, preferably with a focus on domestic indirect taxes
- Experience with Vertex tax software
- Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with a passion for problem solving and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to perform research and utilize available tools to inform a tax decision
- Superior organizational skills with attention to prioritizing and handling multiple tasks
- Can meet rigid and recurring deadlines
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.