Instrumentation Service Technician - 3094
Weston, FL 33331
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Instrumentation Service Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 1+ year contract
- Pay rate: $33/hr
- Job Location: Weston, FL
- Job#: bh14259
Instrumentation Service Technician
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
As a Service Technician, you will deliver service and support to our customers which includes Preventive Maintenance of scientific and analytical instrumentation. This support will include troubleshooting and repair of minor issues related to maintenance requirements and post maintenance testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Drive the leads of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts
- Educate and promote the purchase of training, support, software, laboratory services products, consumables, and field installed computer hardware/software upgrades
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance the company’s value proposition to the customer
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc..
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline including military experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or lab environment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Certification of company training on equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role.
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!