Instrumentation and Facilities Coordinator - 3310
Marlborough, MA 01752 US
Title: Instrumentation and Facilities Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 1+ year contract
- Pay rate: $25-$30/hr
- Job Location: Marlborough, MA
- Schedule: Monday-Friday standard day time hours, 100% on-site
- Job#: bh15134
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Instrumentation and Facilities Coordinator
Under general supervision, responsible for highly diversified maintenance duties in the laboratories, office, and warehouse, including repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities and equipment, minimizing interruption, improving efficiency and supporting Development, Commercial, and Site needs
- Proactive maintenance and proper documentation following SOPs for all laboratory equipment including routine calibration, monitoring, and qualifications
- Perform continuous inspection of laboratory, office, and warehouse facilities to determine areas that need immediate attention. Prioritize projects with supervisor agreement and work with property management as required
- Facilitate and assist with handling inbound and outbound equipment for Development, Clinical, and Commercial uses
- Coordinate packing, shipping, and receiving activities
- Coordinate a variety of basic functions: plumbing, maintenance, carpentry, and furniture moves
- Report immediately and respond to safety issues
- Assist with assembly of customer-bound equipment and components
- Audit equipment and maintain/update site equipment database within IT framework
- Maintain commercial and inventory stock of equipment and components
- Coordinate with supervisor to engage and oversee on-site contractors
- Maintain the stockroom for equipment and consumables, reporting weekly on usage. Improve and implement storage and usage tracking solution.
- Assist with the company’s fire procedures, first aid, laboratory Health & Safety requirements
- Assist site personnel in relocating equipment and reorganizing storage
- Oversee Temperature Monitoring System including generating weekly reports and excursion investigations. May be responsible for responding to on call emergencies.
- Be primary contact for response to and resolution of alarm system issues
- Work to Company Values at all times
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or 3+ years of facilities maintenance experience required
- Expertise with a variety of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, light carpentry
- Previous experience working in office and laboratory facilities strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes preferred
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
- The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and coworkers.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Frequently climbs ladders
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!