Lab Computing Analyst - 2987
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lab Computing Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 8+ month contract
- Pay rate: $35-$37.51/hr
- Job Location: Kenilworth, NJ
- Job#: bh13963
Lab Computing Analyst
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
- Provide project IT support services with focus on software for analytical laboratory instruments from all vendors.
- The designee will team up with the globally acting lab computing division.
Core Job Duties:
- Execute Windows 10 Operating System upgrades on laboratory applications typically integrated with instrumentation.
- Applies customer specified benchtop computing design and processes for client supplied computers.
- Apply client security packages on vendor supplied lab computers.
- Implements Windows based security, including user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Assist with lab network infrastructure support.
- Creates and maintains project inventory of lab equipment, PC’s and software
- Acts as the IT technical support contact for OEM/Vendor field service engineers, upgrading computerized systems.
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Acts as an interface between client, business and corporate IT teams.
- Participates in client team meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Life Science
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including, networking, remote computing and backup systems.
- Direct Windows 7, Windows 10 experience and O/S migration solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Competent in Excel, WORD.
- Understanding of basic Database interfacing and Administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
Preferable Lab Application Experience:
- Experienced with Chromatography Data Systems and related instrumentation
- System Examples:
- Waters Empower
- Themo Chromeleon
- Agilent OpenLab
- System Administration and hardware configuration
- LACe Computer builds for Empower
- Experienced with Instrument Interfacing and multivendor drivers
- Familiarity working in regulated (GxP) lab environments.
- Lab and Office Environment.
- (Need to follow Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Polices)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!