Lab Support Associate
San Diego , CA 92121 US
Title: Lab Support Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $21/hr
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# 15142
Key Requirements and Duties:
The Lab Support Associate will be responsible for specimen receipt, accessioning, specimen returns, reference lab send-outs and other lab support processes in a Clinical Laboratory.
- Receives and opens clinical packages to prepare the order for testing.
- Identifies order/ specimen problems and works with Client Services and other departments for resolution.
- Performs data entry of the patient orders into laboratory information system (LIS).
- Handles specimen returns and send-outs to reference laboratory.
- Performs other routine laboratory support production activities.
- Follows laboratory’s procedures and CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines for all of the above processes.
- Performs other clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operations, and as directed by laboratory management.
- Work schedule may be modified.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years of experience in data entry
- Medical background or experience in a laboratory setting
- Detail oriented with regards to data entry and excellent typing skills
- Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
- On the job training including, but not limited to: HIPAA, and safety procedures.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.