Lab Waste Water Treatment Spervisor (PERM or Temp-To-Perm)
Bedford, MA 01821 US
Title: Lab Waste Water Treatment Spervisor
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: TTP or PERM
- Pay rate: $$
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job# 16112
The Lab/Waste Water Treatment Supervisor is responsible for day to day operations of the Lab/Waste Water Treatment operations. The Supervisor is the primary position responsible for ensuring that the Lab baths operate in proper chemistry and that waste water is kept to local, state and federal standards. Because most of our maintenance activities related to the lab, this position will also oversee maintenance and facilities.
To ensure the company consistently delivers industry leading quality that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Consistently deliver surface finishes and solutions with industry leading quality and lead times.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Keep plating baths, cleaners and acids operating within ranges set by manufacturer’s specs.
- Technical books or parameters that are determined to be acceptable by AOTCO.
- Responsible for cleanliness of rinse tanks. Keep records of analysis and chemical maintenance up to date and accurate.
- Maintain chemical inventory and shelf life for plating and lab chemicals. Maintain DI water system. Test quarterly, calibrate annually.
- Perform chemical analysis and maintenance per the “monthly and maintenance schedule”.
- Make chemical additions or discard/replace solutions per analysis results schedule or performance.
- Evaluate/clean rinse tanks weekly or as allowed by holding tank capacity in wastewater treatment.
- Maintain chemical inventory per the “chemical inventory listing” log.
- File certifications for incoming chemicals.
- Fill out and attach shelf life stickers to chemical containers.
- Purchase material as needed per SOP 06 Section 3.1
- Review, approve, sign and file test results
- Maintain plating baths, cleaners, acids and rinse tanks in good operating condition.
- Maintain chemical inventory and shelf life to avoid running out of chemistry.
- Keep all paperwork on file for 7 years (plating bath analysis, supplier certifications.)
- Maintain lab equipment in good operating condition.
- Oversee maintenance and facilities activities and personnel
- Ensure that the daily PM log is filled out properly and sign off on the log each month
- Operate and maintain the WWT system per the standards set by the town of Billerica, (permit), The Massachusetts D.E.P., and the United States E.P.A.
- Maintain discharged water quality at or better than the limits set by the town of Billerica, P.O.T.W., D.E.P., and E.P.A...
- Perform semi-annually testing (using an approved lab), quarterly calibration (using an approved calibration service) and forwarding all reports to the town of Billerica per the WWT permit.
- Maintain chemical inventory.
- Empty filter press and sludge dryer. Perform items on “Daily Checklist”.
- Answer alarms and correct any out of spec conditions.
- Clean pH and orp sensors. Have pH and orp meters calibrated quarterly.
- Follow sampling procedure and sample preservation guidelines.
- Submit samples to approved certified lab, forward results to the town of Billerica 2 times annually (May & Nov.).
- Maintain necessary chemical inventory. Maintain equipment in good working order. Perform in house testing. (Metals, cyanide etc.)
- Operate all equipment properly and safely.
- Discharge “in spec” water to the town of Billerica.
- Operate system within the guidelines set in the town of Billerica wastewater treatment discharge permit.
- Complete and submit test results and calibration reports on time to the time.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Ability to read and understand manufacturer’s technical data and other technical books and procedures.
- Ability to contact manufacturer’s technical rep. when needed to ensure the proper operation of their chemistry.
- Basic chemistry, including the use of a pH meter, A.A., chemical titration using a pipette and burette, also the use of a conductivity meter.
- Record keeping and filing ability. Inventory control skills.
- Ability to move drums and safely handling all chemicals.
- Knowledge of all safety procedures.
- Understand operation of pumps, level controls, and sludge handling equipment.
- Ability to move drums and handle chemicals safely.
- Understand and fulfill requirements of the town of Billerica wastewater permit.
- Assist town with annual sampling. Lab skills including pH readings, operation of A.A. and cyanide test kit. Massachusetts 4I or better wastewater treatment operators license is required to operate system.
How this role will be evaluated
- Plating Supervisor/Manager feedback
- Internal and External audits
- Federal and Town inspectors
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!