Liquid Handling Automation Engineer - 3191
Norwood, MA 02062 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Liquid Handling Automation Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 6+ months contract, possible temp to perm
- Pay rate: $71.43/hr
- Job Location: Hybrid – Norwood, MA (2-3 days on-site, 2-3 days remote)
- Schedule: Standard, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Job#: bh14427
Liquid Handling Automation Engineer
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Automation Engineer (Liquid Handler) team within a Top 10 BioPharma industry leader. This will be a hands-on, impactful position reporting to the Sr. Principal Automation Engineer. You will support scientist by improving existing processes and automating manual lab processes. You will work in a team environment with other Automation Engineers to design and implement liquid handler methods. Additionally, you will be responsible to assure the operational functionality of the instruments as according to manufacturer’s specifications. You will be a key individual for critical automation support for high-throughput screening, assay development, sample management, and lab automated solutions. This is a hybrid role – remote programming from home with on-site wet tests required. May need to travel to two site locations—Cambridge, MA and Norwood, MA
- Develop and optimize new liquid handler protocols for the screening and high-throughput assay platforms, specifically using Hamilton Venus.
- Assist scientists with operation of automation platforms.
- Provide error-recovery support as needed.
- Partner with business partners for requirements and issue tracking.
- Track/record problems with the systems for proper troubleshooting.
- Explore and evaluate modern technologies in automation, liquid handling, sample analysis, etc.
- Train users on new methods and protocols of system functionality
- Capabilities to automate analytical processes using Hamilton or other platforms
- Educate users about lab automation instruments and their capabilities
- Coordinate with internal and external groups to identify appropriate solutions to improve analytical testing capacity and efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HT liquid handling system operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- With training, have the ability to successfully automate manual lab processes
- Initiative, independence, and the ability to execute lab work under minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will have an analytical mindset, creative problem-solving skills, and be methodical and organized
- Ability to communicate at various levels within the organization as well as with external vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with liquid handling equipment.
- Requires a BS in biology/engineering/biotechnology
- Minimum experience required of 2+ years in industry,?preferably in a setting with lab automation
- Experience with Hamilton liquid handlers strongly preferred.
- Experience and skills in creating, modifying, and troubleshooting robotics/automation scripts.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools for version control (Bitbucket) and issue management (Jira)
- Experience with Tecan, Hudson, High-Res, Echo desired
- This is a hybrid role – remote programming from home with on-site wet tests required
- May need to travel to two site locations—Cambridge, MA and Norwood, MA
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, and labeling
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!