Harvard, MA 01434 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Machinist B
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $ 17.00-$21.50/hr
- Job Location: Harvard, MA
- Job# 14455
Operates one or more production machines working from drawings and route sheets. Receives guidance from lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Learns from and cooperates with other machinists in the value stream.
- Sets up and runs production machines.
- Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, or grinding parts, where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre planned and established.
- Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper functioning for correction.
- Gives feedback on operation performance.
- Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods.
- Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts.
- Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments and gages.
- Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces.
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
- Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
- Actively participates in lean initiatives.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as requested
- Ability to learn from and accept guidance from machinists, engineers, and management.
- Minimal machining experience or equivalent education/schooling.
- Able to understand basic geometry and dimensions.
- Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics.
- Effectively applies lean initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of using computers to access online information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., email).
- Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with company policies and applicable state laws, the company provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.