Shrewsbury, MA 01615 US
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $28-34/hr
- Job Location: Shrewsbury, MA
- Job# 15932
Maintenance mechanics are responsible to repair, install and maintain a variety of production machines and equipment used in the manufacturing of communication headset components.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Report in to the Facilities Manager on any maintenance issues that arise.
- Performing general maintenance work on buildings as assigned.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Employee works under general supervision.
- Employee makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Employee recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics required.
- Experience in general building trades such as plumbing and carpentry are helpful.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Position does not require any previous experience working with office software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Trade or vocational school graduation preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic or in a similar role.
- Specialized training or certification is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the building.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, climb and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Occasional physical exertion including the lifting of objects exceeding 20 pounds.
- Significant level of mental concentration required to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Some areas of the building are not climate controlled.
- Occasional exposure to dust, heat and other environmental factors that may at times be objectionable.
- Exposure to hazards that could result in injury and loss of time at work.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.