Maintenance Technician I
Littleton, MA 01720 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Maintenance Technician I
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $ 35.00/hr
- Job Location: Littleton, MA
- Job#: bh13351
Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Technician will be a critical contributor in a mission that truly represents an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a company that is making significant investments in establishing US manufacturing, expanding internationally, and delivering a consistent cadence of product innovations to the market and investing in its people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing to life assembly and process equipment for the startup of new Manufacturing Operations in Acton, MA. The role will then transition to direct engineering and maintenance of equipment in Acton, MA with accountability to ensure a high level of machine uptime and minimal production scrap on complex discrete component assembly equipment.
This individual will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of process equipment. They will also be trained and cross-trained to repair, maintain and improve the reliability of various stations including: lasers, optical gaging devices, continuity testing, inspection, etc. Maintenance technicians must be quality-conscious, aggressively self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers—eager to gain and share new knowledge.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems on equipment.
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e., cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary.
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.)
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate representatives to help create and execute preventative maintenance schedules.
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate representatives to help resolve complex quality, process, or safety defects.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential decision or solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies with assembly production processes.
- Organize, report, and present technical work to various levels within the organization.
- Create and train standard operating procedures for the setup and maintenance of assembly equipment.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas though rigorous data analysis (MTBF, Corrective Maintenance, sources of waste, etc.) and root cause analysis.
- Assist in day-to-day support of operators, adjustments, setups, and change over
- Responsible to report safety, quality, and regulatory compliance concerns to leadership.
- This is a hands-on role, requiring the candidate to take on project work assigned as an individual contributor, or as a participant on cross functional teams, as well as be able to utilize tools to inspect, repair and maintain equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of direct experience in working with, assembling, debugging and optimizing automated assembly equipment. Application of in-depth technical knowledge in the areas of assembly processes and techniques.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Engineering Technician Diploma or Associates Degree
- Knowledge of piece part tolerances, inspection processes and impacts to fit and function of assemblies and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by the department.
- Familiarity with specific manufacturing processes such as mechanical swaging, ultrasonic welding, heat staking, laser welding, fluid delivery, electronic controls, PCBA & functionality testing, metal forming, plating, plastic molding and precise component assembly.
- Technical knowledge of cam driven linkages, discrete component assembly and automation
- Knowledge and experience with processes such as laser welding, heat staking, and ultrasonic welding.
- Sound hands-on technical ability with assembly methodologies including locational methods, setup at assembly, pneumatic actuators, servo motors, limit switches, robotics, steels, plastics, belting methods etc.
- Familiarity with HMI’s / GUI’s (Machine user interfaces) and working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge and experience with post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology
- Experience in a start-up production environment
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Required to stand for at least 75% of working time per shift, with walking at least 50% of working time per shift.
- Required to reach above shoulder frequently and below waist occasionally.
- Required to push and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs occasionally, 5-20lbs frequently.
- International travel to Canada may be required up to 50% of time during the first 3-6 months of factory acceptance testing of equipment at vendor’s location.
Started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.