Manager, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Boston, MA 02139
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manager, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $57/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh14269
Manager, Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing
Seeking a highly capable contract and outsourcing manager with strong contract development and budget negotiation skills to support the execution of drug development programs. This key role will report to the Director of Clinical Outsourcing and will be responsible for managing vendor selections and processing of contracts from the identification of need through drafting, review, negotiation, approval, execution, analysis, tracking, and reporting. This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a qualified, organized, and motivated individual.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Vendor/Consultant Contract Preparation and Negotiations: Manage bidding process and drafting of contract documents for outsourced services, either by outside party or internally.
- Prepare requests for proposals for outsourced services. Coordinate cross- functional review/assessment of proposals as part of overall vendor selection process.
- Review contract documents, ensuring the use of appropriate templates and adherence to master service agreement terms as applicable.
- Negotiate budget and contract terms as needed, utilizing benchmarking tools and established negotiation parameters where appropriate. In collaboration with legal department and clinical outsourcing director, ensure that final contracts cover the necessary scope and are consistent with company requirements, applicable regulations, and good business practices.
- Manage the contract execution process according to comapny requirements.
- Advise internal customers on appropriate type of agreement addressing their needs.
- Contract Maintenance: Ensure contracts executed are requested and tracked within contracts management system.
- Maintain contract archive.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Review metrics related to the contract process and take appropriate action to improve efficiency and timeliness of contract processing.
- Process and Template Development: Support development and updating of processes and tools, including request for proposal and contract templates. Participate in corporate initiatives.
- During all stages of activities, interact with internal customers, procurement, legal and finance departments, and other functions as appropriate, managing high volume of contract requests to meet project timelines.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- The candidate will be expected to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and nimble environment of an emerging company that depends on strong links and collaboration with external stakeholders (CRO partners, research organizations, alliance partners, etc.).
- Degree in scientific, business, or legal discipline, or related field, with a minimum of 4 years in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry, to include at least 2 years of experience in clinical outsourcing and/or contract negotiation/management. Experience with various contract types and service categories preferred.
- Sound understanding of drug development processes both in small molecules and biologics.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles as well as sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions, benchmarking and market analysis skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment and interact with a wide variety of customers. Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining professional interpersonal relationships with colleagues internally and externally in order to complete the given tasks. Demonstrates professionalism, poise and a positive attitude.
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.