Bethel, CT 06810
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $35/hr
- Job Location: Bethel, CT
- Job#: bh14183
Join us as our next Manufacturing Engineer in a role that will directly impact the lives of thousands and indirectly affect the lives of millions. Unleash your true potential and create your own success in a company that is as driven for excellence and growth as you are.
We are seeking a motivated contract Manufacturing Engineer to maintain total responsibility for the manufacture and performance of assigned product lines and sub-assembly manufacturing areas. This is a hands-on production support role expected to help with resolution of in-line quality issues, improve process robustness, design, and qualify manufacturing test fixtures. The Engineer will also provide technical guidance and leadership in resolving production equipment issues in collaboration with equipment maintenance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Develop and maintain all manufacturing documentation per compliance in assigned areas under general supervision.
- Work with production personnel to optimize and streamline manufacturing processes.
- Support engineering studies and process validation efforts in collaboration with senior engineering team members.
- Represent Manufacturing on cross-functional project teams as needed
- Organize, prioritize, manage, and report on task and project progress
- Improve manufacturing processes by identifying and initiating process improvements for quality and efficiency.
- Conduct investigations, identify, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Identify PFMEA risks and implement associated mitigations.
- Ensure adherence to product specifications, SOPs, quality & regulatory procedures.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing and presentation skill
- Hands-on problem solver with a passion for continuous improvement of production processes.
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Proficiency with 2D/3D CAD tools
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing
- Familiarity with Process validation procedures (IQ/OQ/PQ), PFMEA & process control plans.
- Understanding of medical device compliance, standards, and cleanroom requirements.
- Experience or exposure to AS9100 quality standards
- Experience with Agile
- Design or manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience with Bills-of-Materials and associated workflows (ECO’s)
Education & Experience
- B.S. or A.S in Engineering discipline (Preferably Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Instrumentation, or Industrial Engineering).
- Prior work experience in a continuous improvement or a production support capacity is preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
- Exposure Ionizing Radiation
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.